Rich and luxurious this salmon creme pot is a silky creamy salmon spread that will make the humblest slice of toast into a delightful treat.
I love salmon, it’s my favourite fish. Especially Scottish salmon of course. From smoked salmon to a stir fry I honestly don’t think you can go wrong with this king of the fishy world.
Salmon is super healthy too being packed with Omega 3 oils and a fabulous source of protein.
Ingredients for creamy salmon spread
There aren’t many ingredients here;
A salmon fillet, 1 spring onion, 1/4 teaspoon of grated nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, half a cup of Greek yogurt, 1 egg, and a tablespoon of chopped fresh dill.
I use Greek yogurt in my recipe which makes this a bit more healthy than one using cream. So you can feel just a tad virtuous as you slather it on your toast or crackers and treat yourself to an extra slice!
I made mine in a jar but you can make yours in small ramekin dishes for individual portions if you like.
How to make the salmon spread
To make your salmon creme pot simply chop the salmon and pop it into the jar.
Whisk all the other ingredients (apart from the fresh dill) together and pour over the salmon.
Top with the chopped dill and pop the lid on the jar.
Place jar in a baking tray with boiling water coming halfway up the sides of the jar. Bake for 30 minutes at 180C/350F.
Be careful removing from the oven, allow to cool completely.
How to serve this salmon spread
Serve a little pot on your plate with a couple of slices of toast or some crusty bread at lunchtime.
Have this creamy salmon spread as a dip with crudites or bread sticks.
Serve on crusty French bread, toast or crackers as an appetiser.
Add this to your antipasti platter.
How long will this keep
Store your creamy salmon spread in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Looking for more super salmon recipes? Then check these out before you go;
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Creamy salmon spread
- 120 g salmon salmon fillet skinned and chopped
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and fill baking tray with boiling water
- Place chopped salmon in kilner type jar or small ramekins if making sererate versions
- Whisk together all other ingredients (apart from the dill) and pour over the salmon
- Add the dill on top and poop lid on jar
- Place jar in a baking tray with boiling water coming half way up the sides of jar
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Store in fridge and use within 3 days.
- Serve on toast, bread, crackers or as a dip.