Keep it super simple and oh so tasty with this seared salmon recipe. The mint flavoured light and creamy yogurt sauce and cooked yet crisp green veggies just make this dish even tastier and it really is super healthy too of course.
Seared Salmon with Minted Greens is one of my favourite recipes for a light supper with girlfriends round. Add a glass or two (who are we kidding here!) of ice-cold white wine and you have the makings of a great evening.
Why you’ll love this salmon too
- This is real fast food, everything ready in the space of about 10 minutes!
- It’s super tasty and you can adapt it to suit your preference on the veggie front.
- This is seriously healthy eating folks!
This is one of the healthiest fish you can eat, packed with vitamins and minerals and of course that all-important Omega 3 oil. It’s low in calories and high on the protein scale.
Always look in the reduced section of your supermarket and snap up those salmon fillets when they are on offer and throw them in the freezer so you have the makings of a perfect meal any time you want.
Lime and green veggies. I’ve gone for a mixture of courgettes/zucchini, peas, green beans, spring onions and spinach.
Herbs – fresh mint and dill.
This creamy and light sauce is simply made by mixing plain yogurt with some of the above herbs and a little of the spring onion too.
You can even make your own homemade yogurt too is you fancy!
How to make this
Spread the lime zest on the salmon and sear on both sides.
Steam the green veggies for about 5 minutes as you want to keep some crispness to them and not have them go mushy.
Meanwhile, whisk the yogurt with the remaining herbs and spring onion.
This recipe is for one person so just using one salmon fillet, just double it up etc for more people.
Any leftovers can be served in a salad next day.
Looking for more super simple salmon recipes to try? then check these out before you go;
Seared salmon with whisky dipping sauce
Salmon broccolini and asparagus traybake
Seared salmon with minted greens
Smoked salmon on potato scones
Salmon creme pot (super tasty salmon spread)
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Seared Salmon On Minted Greens
- 120 g salmon 1 salmon fillet
- 1/2 lime juice and zest
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 courgette sliced in rounds
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen peas defrosted
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1 tbsp mint chopped
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the lime zest over the salmon and sear skin side down first on a hot oiled griddle pan then turn over and do other side
- Cook till you see the colour of the flesh change about 5 mins
- Steam the veggies layered in steamer like this; courgettes, beans, peas, spring onion, half the herbs the spinach for 5 mins
- Mix the remaining herbs with lime juice and yogurt to use as a sauce
- Plate up the greens and season well, top with the seared salmon and a little seasoning to taste and then the yogurt dressing
Leave a Reply