For me Scottish salmon is perfect at any time of year but it always seems to be perfect now in spring time when the lightness of the dish just heralds the coming of sunshine and warmer weather, lighter food and hopefully summer!
Cooking under wraps
Cooking food in parcels is popular all over the world and dates back centuries. Whether you are wrapping food in baking parchment, foil, roasting bags or even banana leaves the idea is that you are steaming the food within the wrapping which is a good healthy way of cooking.
I love this salmon parcel as it cooks with all those amazing flavours I’ve put in there with the salmon and keeps it moist and tender.
I use all the ingredients as a marinade on my salmon first and just pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes to add some extra flavour then cook in the marinade as well.
Real food fast
This is fast food as it actually only takes 10 minutes to cook. Serve with a salad on the side (I’ve gone for watercress here) and baby potatoes or a baked potato of just some nice crusty bread and you have the perfect meal.
I’ve also made a little avocado sauce to serve with this salmon parcel. Simply an avocado with lemon juice, corriander, paprika, garlic and yogurt. This little chilled sauce lifts the salmon and is also super healthy too.
A super simple, colourful and healthy meal, perfection on a plate!
- 1 avocado
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- pinch of smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed
- pinch of salt
- Salmon Parcel
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 to mato sliced
- 1 stick celery sliced
- 1 spring onion chopped
- few slices of cucumber
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp Vermouth
- Whizz all the sauce ingredients together in a food processor then spoon into a bowl and chill
- Salmon Parcel
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Place the salmon fillet on to baking parchment that is big enough to pull up and cover salmon and twist at ends sealing in the salmon and other ingredients
- Add all the other ingredients on top and close the parcel
- Pop nto fridge for 10 minutes to marinate
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes till cooked through
- Serve with the avocado sauce on the side and a salad of your choice and baby potatoes