Deliciously moist and packed with flavour, this baked salmon (cooked en papillote/in a parcel) is super easy to make a quick too. The perfect midweek meal but special enough for a supper party too.
Why you’ll love this simple salmon recipe
- Salmon en papilotte is super easy to make, just throw the ingredients into a parcel and let the oven do the work.
- It’s healthy. Everyone knows salmon is one of the healthiest meals you can make.
- Real fast food. This salmon parcel cooks in about 12 minutes!
What does cooking en papillote mean?
En papillote is French for Cooking food in parcels. Actually, it is popular all over the world and dates back centuries.
Whether you are wrapping food in baking parchment, foil, roasting bags or even banana leaves the idea is that you are steaming the food within the wrapping which is a good healthy way of cooking.
I love this salmon parcel as it cooks with all those amazing flavours I’ve put in there with the salmon and keeps it moist and tender.
I use all the ingredients as a marinade on my salmon first and just pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes to add some extra flavour then cook in the marinade as well.
How to serve your salmon en papillote
I’ve served my salmon with a little avocado sauce. Simply an avocado with lemon juice, coriander, paprika, garlic and yogurt. This little chilled sauce lifts the salmon and is also super healthy too.
A super simple, colourful and healthy meal, perfection on a plate!
Looking for more delicious salmon recipes to try? Then check these out before you go;
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Baked Salmon Cooked En Papillote (in a parcel)
- 120 g salmon fillet
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 stick celery sliced
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 4 tbsp cucumber sliced
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Vermouth
- 1 avocado
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- pinch smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Place the salmon fillet on to baking parchment that is big enough to pull up and cover salmon and twist at ends sealing in the salmon and other ingredients
- Add all the other ingredients on top and close the parcel
- Pop nto fridge for 10 minutes to marinate
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes till cooked through
For the avocado sauce
- Whizz all the sauce ingredients together in a food processor then spoon into a bowl and chill
- Serve with the avocado sauce on the side and a salad of your choice and baby potatoes