Healthy eating at it’s best with this tasty seared salmon that nestles on a bed of courgetti/zucchini noodles and is smothered in a rich and tasty pesto sauce.
Forget heavy pasta dishes, instead, opt for this light and tasty courgetti/zucchini noodles instead. If you don’t want to go all out on the veggie noodle front you could also do this recipe with half normal spaghetti instead.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This is quick to make so supper can be on the table in a matter of minutes
- We are talking seriously healthy here!
- I just can’t tell you how tasty this is, it really is just packed with fresh and amazing flavours.
- And if you are on the Mediterranean diet this salmon recipe will tick all the boxes for you.
For me Springtime means lightening up the dishes just a bit and I love using fish for this, especially salmon.
I’ve used good old Scottish salmon of course but any salmon would do. It is such a super versatile fish and so healthy too being packed with vitamins and minerals. High in protein, low on the calorie front and of course there is that all-important Omega 3 as well. It’s a win, win situation!
Spiralising has been around for a few years now and many folks who bought spiralisers have now relegated their machines to the garage or back of the cupboard.
Dust them off my friends as courgetti/zucchini noodles are the way to go!
You can use your own homemade pesto for this recipe and there are plenty of them here on the blog, like this lovely parsley and almond pesto, so much nicer than anything you can buy in the shops.
If you are a keen reader of this blog you’ll know I love my pesto. I even wrote a whole cookbook about it, A Passion For Pesto where you’ll find over 75 super easy pesto recipes from herbal to veggie and even weedy ones too. Not to mention fruit pestos for desserts and lots of recipes for how to use your delicious pesto too.
Ingredients For One
This is just a wee recipe for one person so just up the ingredients to make it for more people.
All I’ve used is a salmon fillet, a couple of tablespoons of my homemade pesto, 1 clove of garlic, a tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 courgettes to make that all-important courgetti/zucchini noodles instead of spaghetti.
Check out the recipe below for how to make this super quick, tasty, easy and healthy dish.
Looking for more super easy salmon recipes to try? Then check these out before you go;
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Seared Salmon With Courgetti/zucchini noodles And Pesto
- 2 courgettes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120 g salmon 1 salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralise the courgettes
- Heat oil in a large pan and saute garlic and the spiralised courgetti for 4 minutes turning as you cook it.
- Meanwhile under a hot grill on foil sear the salmon for approximately 3 minutes on both sides.
- Serve the salmon on top of the courgetti with a squeeze of lemon juice, the seasoning and a dollop of pesto on top.