Strawberry and lavender water is a lovely cooler on a warm day. Like all infused water it is super easy to make and tastes wonderful and is good for you too as there is no sugar involved, ticks all the boxes doesn’t it. All you need is some sunshine!
A taste of summer
As I’ve said this is a super easy recipe for strawberry and lavender water, both ingredients to me being the taste of summer and I am determined not to let go of summery thoughts yet even though it is September!
There are always strawberries in the shops so there is no excuse not to make this whatever the weather. At least it will give you the taste of sunshine even if it’s raining outside.
Flavoured waters are healthy and tasty and keep you away from those carbonated sugar or aspertane packed nasties you buy in the shops. Get into the habbit of making flavoured waters and you’ll soon lose the taste for commercially made crap.
Strawberry and Lavender Water
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp dried lavender flowers or 2 tbsp fresh lavender flowers
- 3 cups water
- Juice and strips of lemon rind from a lemon
- Rinse and hull the strawberries
- Blitz the berriesin food processor
- Make lavender tea by boiling the water and pouring over the lavender
- Press the blitzed strawberries through a nylon sieve
- Pour into a jug with the sieved berries, lemon juice and strips of rind
- Leave overnight in fridge then pour through sieve lined with kitchen paper
- Store in bottle in fridge