Seared Salmon with Minted Greens is one of my favourite recipes for a light supper with girlfriends round. Add a glass or two (who are we kidding here!) of ice cold white wine and you have the makings of a great evening.
Salmon is one of the healthiest fish you can eat, packed with that all-important Omega 3 oil as well as loads of other goodness. Always look in the reduced section of your supermarket and snap up those salmon fillets when they are on offer and throw them in the freezer so you have the makings of a perfect meal any time you want.
This recipe is for one person so just using one salmon fillet, just double it up etc for more people.
As a recipe it is simplicity itself, I hate faffing about in the kitchen with recipes that take an age to make or have a hundred and one ingredients that are hard to come by, this is just cooking with ease the way it should be.
- 1 salmon fillet
- juice and zest of half a lime
- 1 cup green beans
- ½ courgette sliced in rounds
- 2 cups of spinach
- ½ cup frozed peas defrosted
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the lime zest over the salmon and sear skin side down firsst on a hot oiled griddle pan then turn over and do other side
- Cook till you see the colour of the flesh change about 5 mins
- Steam the veggies layered in steamer like this; courgettes, beans, peas, spring onion, half the herbs the spinach for 5 mins
- Mix the remaining herbs with lime juice and jogurt to use as a sauce
- Plate up the greens and season well, top with the seared salmon and a little seasoning to taste and then the yogurt dressing