A deconstructed peach melba is so much more fun and grown-up than the usual peach half and a dollop of ice-cream that so many restaurants think does the job. My version is healthy, sugar free and just jolly damn tasty, the perfect end to a super supper.
This little recipe is more of construction job though you are deconstructing the finished product if you see what I mean, however you are expected to approach the cooker for just a few minutes to grill the peaches and warm up your raspberries to create the sauce.
This will serve two people as a light dessert and is a fun (and possibly even romantic) way to finish off your meal.
All you need are 2 peaches, some raspberries, squeeze lemon juice, chopped fresh basil, plain yogurt, vanilla extract, a pinch of dried chilli and a little coconut oil. Just look at all that healthy goodness and not a touch of sugar in sight, result!
So I shall leave you with this healthy dessert to get your taste buds a tingling, enjoy!
- 2 peaches
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- coconut oil
- Cut the peaches in half and discard the stones
- Brush peach halves with melted coconut oil
- Heat on a griddle pan or grill cut side down first for 2-3 minutes then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes
- Heat the raspberries in a small pan with lemon juice and basil for 4 minutes
- Remove from heat and press through a sieve to create yur sauce
- Mix the vanilla extract with the yogurt in a small bowl
- Serve the peach halves on a platter with bowl of yogurt and small jsar of raspberry sauce. Sprinkle some extra basil on the peaches.