Read on for my recipe for roasted figs with honey and orange
Roasting figs makes something that is sweet by nature even more heavenly. Add honey and orange and you get one of those desserts that is simplicity in itself yet tastes so damn good you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making this for years. It will instantly be on your favourite recipe list and a go-to for supper parties.
Holidays on a plate
Greek sunshine, easy living and just the good life all round. While this simple recipe might not actually be able to buy you a plane ticket and whisk you off to the sunshine, it can certainly bring a little bit of the flavour of sunshine to your plate wherever you are. We all deserve a bit of sunshine in our lives.
This recipe is for two people so just double it up etc for more portions, I allow 2 figs per person, but quite honestly I could scoff the two portions quite easily myself as I love this so much.
Simple is best
Roasted figs with honey and orange doesn’t have many ingredients, just the figs, honey, orange and a good dollop of Greek yogurt to serve.
Simple and super tasty and healthy too. What more could you want.
Roast Figs With Honey And Orange
- 4 ripe figs
- 4 tsp runny honey
- zest and juice 1/2 orange
- Greek yogurt to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Quarter the figs from the stalk downwards but don't cut right through, let them open like a flower
- Place them on a baking sheet
- Add a pinch of the orange zest and a teaspoon of honey to the centre of each fig
- Squeeze the orange juice all over them
- Bake for 10-15 mins, basting half way through with the juice
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt
PIN ME FOR LATER