What can you do to a classic peach melba to make it even better? make it a deconstructed peach melba of course!
Deconstructed Peach Melba
A deconstructed peach melba is so much more fun and grown-up than the usual peach half and a dollop of ice-cream that so many restaurants think does the job. My version is healthy, sugar free and just jolly damn tasty, the perfect end to a super supper.
It’s so simple!
This little recipe is more of construction job though you are deconstructing the finished product if you see what I mean, however you are expected to approach the cooker for just a few minutes to grill the peaches and warm up your raspberries to create the sauce.
This will serve two people as a light dessert and is a fun (and possibly even romantic) way to finish off your meal.
What you will need
All you need are 2 peaches, some raspberries, squeeze lemon juice, chopped fresh basil, plain yogurt, vanilla extract, a pinch of dried chilli and a little coconut oil. Just look at all that healthy goodness and not a touch of sugar in sight, result!
So I shall leave you with this healthy dessert to get your taste buds a tingling, enjoy!
Looking for more delightful desserts? Then check out this entire section of desserts to tempt your taste buds and finish off any meal in style.
Finally, if you try this recipe do leave a comment/rating below. I love hearing from readers and answer everyone. Dan’y want to miss out on any Larder Love, then follow me on Instagram and Facebook and sign up for my weekly newsletter too.
DECONSTRUCTED PEACH MELBA
- 2 peaches
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- coconut oil
- Cut the peaches in half and discard the stones
- Brush peach halves with melted coconut oil
- Heat on a griddle pan or grill cut side down first for 2-3 minutes then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes
- Heat the raspberries in a small pan with lemon juice and basil for 4 minutes
- Remove from heat and press through a sieve to create yur sauce
- Mix the vanilla extract with the yogurt in a small bowl
- Serve the peach halves on a platter with bowl of yogurt and small jsar of raspberry sauce. Sprinkle some extra basil on the peaches.
PIN ME FOR LATER