If you want to end a meal is a really healthy and tasty way then this warm fruit salad with golden yogurt sauce is the way to go. Hell, you could even have this for breakfast or maybe brunch would be better.
Why you’ll love this fruit salad recipe
- This is just so different being a warm fruit salad it really rings out the flavour of the fruits to spectacular effect
- That gorgeously creamy golden spiced yogurt sauce adds the most delicious ellement to this simple dessert
- This is just so super easy to make
- It’s healthy too! Just think of the goodness of fruit, calcium in the yogurt and turmeric is one of the best and healthiest spices in the world.
Ingredients for warm fruit salad
I used 1 apricot, 1 passion fruit, 2 strawberries, 3 cherries and one fig to make up my salad mix.
Honey is the only other ingredients for the fruit salad part.
For the golden yogurt sauce
Yogurt is the base obviously but the spices are the important part here.
I’ve used turmeric and cardamom.
Finish things off with flaked almonds
You can make your own yogurt. Just check out these posts; How to make your own yogurt (+video!) and how to make Greek-style yogurt.
How to make this warm fruit salad
Fill your dish with the fruit, slicing larger pieces as nessesary and drizzle over just a teaspoon of honey.
Pop into a preheated oven at 180C/350F until warmed through, about 10 minutes should do it.
To make the sauce
To make the golden yogurt sauce simply crush 1 cardamom pod to get at the seeds inside and grind those finely, add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder and stir this into 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt. Set this aside in the fridge for 20 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
Toast a tablespoon of almond flakes in a dry pan for just 2-3 minutes till they release their aroma and are golden.
How to serve this fruit salad
Serve the warm fruit salad with the chilled golden yogurt sauce poured on top and then sprinkle on those toasted almonds.
I make mine in these little oven proof dishes that look cute enough to serve up at the table. This recipe will make one big portion, just double/triple or whatever to make as much as you need.
Looking for more delicious fruity dessert ideas to finish off a meal? Then check these out before you go;
Traditional French cherry clafoutis
Greek style fig and feta tarts with honey and thyme
Baked apricots with mixed nuts, mint and honey
Roasted figs with honey and orange
Baked rhubarb and raspberries with homemade sweetened yogurt cheese
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Warm Fruit Salad With Golden Yogurt Sauce
- 1 apricot
- 1 passion fruit
- 3 cherries
- 1 fig
- 2 strawberries
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp almond flakes
- Slice the larger fruits and place all in a small oven proof dish.
- Drizzle over the honey and bake in preheated oven at 180C/350F for approx 10 mins.
- Crush the cardamom and grind the seeds, mix with turmeric and yogurt and cool in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Toast almonsds in dry pan for 2-3 mins till golden.
- Serve warm fruit salad with the golden yogurt sauce and topped with toasted almonds.
Ooh, that sounds really good, yum
Karon Grieve says