Spiced Apple Vinegar is another great little foodie gift that is easy to make and not something your friends will have come across in the shops. It is good to mix up your Christmas hampers and have sweet and savoury goodies, oils, vinegars, drinks, sweets, cookies etc, a good selection is always best.
For this simple recipe for Spiced Apple Vinegar you will need cider vinegar, apple juice, black pepper, coriander seeds, smoked paprika, cloves and a cinnamon stick.
Lots of lovely warming spices there that really pack a punch in the flavour department making this Spiced Apple Vinegar a great addition to your larder. You can use it when making a glaze to go over pork, use in salad dressings and drizzled over roasted veggies too for a bit of a kick!
Remember to use a sterilised bottle to pour the vinegar into. The vinegar will keep for up to a year.
- 500ml/1 pt cider vinegar
- 50ml/2 fl oz apple juice
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp coriander seeds crushed
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- Put all the spices in a small muslin bag or a square of muslin/cheesecloth tied up with string
- Put the spice bag intoa pan along with the vinegar and apple juice and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and skim off any frith.
- Pour into sterilised bottles.
- Will keep for up to 1 year.