Whisky cocktails made with marmalade, truly Scottish and oh so delicious. Perfect for Hogmanay (New Year’s Eve), Burns Night, St Andrew’s Day or any time you fancy a wee taste of Scotland.
These wee flyer scotch cocktails are based on the famous cocktail named the Flying Scotsman which in it’s turn took the name from the famous steam train that went from Edinburgh to London.
It was very probably the barman on the train that came up with the Flying Scotsman cocktail in the first place, who knows.
Anyway these Wee Flyer Scotch Cocktails are my adaptation of the classic.
Ingredients for these whisky cocktails
- Scotch whisky (of course!)
- Sweet vermouth
- Angostura bitters
- Lemon juice and lemon peel
- Whisky marmalade or any marmalade will do
I’ve used my homemade Scotch whisky and ginger orange marmalade for this cocktail recipe.
How to make wee flyers scotch whisky cocktails
You’ll make a syrup first by melting the whisky marmalade in a small pan along with a little water. Once all melted and mixed set aside to cool completely.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the whisky, vermouth, bitters, lemon juice and syrup and shake really well.
Pour into frosted glasses, add an ice cube and top with a wee twist of lemon.
Voila! The perfect Wee Flyer Scotch Cocktails to celebrate Burns Night.
Looking for more fabulous tipples to try? Then check these out before you go;
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Wee Flyers Scotch Whisky Marmalade Cocktails
- 2 tbsp whisky marmalade
- 1 tbsp water
- 175 ml Scotch Whisky
- 100 ml Sweet Vermouth
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- lemon peel to decorate
- Melt the marmalade in a small pan with the water to make a syrup. Set aside to cool completely
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the whisky, vermouth, bitters, lemon juice and syrup.
- Pop on the lid and shake really well
- Pour into frosted glasses and add an ice cube and a piece of lemon peel to each.