I love a good steak, I mean, who doesn’t. But this beef tagliata with tomatoes and olives has to be my favourite way of serving steak. It’s packed with flavour and just perfection on a plate.
Beef Tagliata With Tomatoes And Olives
Beef Tagliata is an Italian dish that is perfect for the chilly winter months when you want comfort food but with a bit of sunshine thrown in at the same time.
This recipe definitely hits the spot and will fill you and warm you and make you think of summer sunshine too.
What is steak tagliata?
This is an Italian way of serving steak. It is seared to medium rare and served cut across the grain into thin slices.
This is a great way of making one steak go a lot further.
How many does this tagliata serve
This beef tagliata recipe is for one person and is a great way of serving yourself a steak when you want a treat but don’t want to just have the usual steak and potatoes. For more servings just double/triple etc the ingredients, it’s as simple as that.
What to serve with beef tagliata
This is a dish full of hearty flavours. I like to serve my beef tagliata with roasted baby tomatoes and black olives on the side and on a base of rocket or spinach leaves, whatever you have to hand.
Easy to make and packed with flavour, this is bound to become one of your go-to favourites and perfect for supper parties too.
Looking for more easy and delicious main dish ideas? Then check these out before you go;
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Italian beef tagliata with tomatoes and olives
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 black olives stoned
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano with thyme, rosemary and basil
- olive oil
- 1 sirloin steak
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mint mint and basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Rocket rocket leaves or spinach
- 1/2 tsp parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas5
- Place the tomatoes, olives, garlic, mixed herbs and a good glug of olive oil in a small roasting tin and roast for 15 mins then remove from oven and keep warm
- Oil the steak on both sides and fry in a hot grill pan for 2 minutes on each side
- Shake up the dressing ingredients in a jar
- Slice the steak into diagonal slices
- Place a base of either rocket or spinach on your plate
- Add the sliced steak on top and season to taste
- Drizzle with the dressing and a grating of parmesan cheese
- Serve with the roasted tomatoes and olives on the side