Simple vegetable dishes are a staple of Mediterranean cooking and these honey roasted courgettes with feta are a little taste of Greek sunshine on a plate. Ideal for serving as part of a meze style starter with other small dishes or as a vegetable side dish to your main course.
Like most good Mediterranean dishes there are very few ingredients here, just courgettes (zucchini), garlic, honey, olive oil, black pepper and of course feta cheese.
You want to slice the courgettes lengthwise and also slice the garlic instead of mincing it in the usual way. Once cooked the courgette slices will be softened and ribbon like and with the oil and honey have a silken texture. Adding the feta gives a saltiness so don’t add additional salt to this recipe, freshly ground black pepper is the only seasoning you’ll need here.
Try my honey roasted courgettes with feta for a little taste of Greek sunshine wherever you are.
- 250g courgettes thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic in fine slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g feta crumbled
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Toss the courgette slices in oil with the garlic and spread out on a baking tray in a single layer
- Add the honey, feta and pepper and remaining oil
- Bake 20-25 mins till golden
- Serves 2 as a meze starter