Read on for my recipe for fig and feta salad
Don’t just think of figs as a sweet dessert dish, use them in all sorts of ways. This fig and feta salad is super easy to make and tastes wonderful with all those lovely flavours and textures coming together on one plate of glorious Greek sunshine no matter where you are or what the weather is like.
What you will need
This fig and feta salad recipe is for two people so just double up etc to add more portions to suit.
You’ll need four ripe fresh figs, some sourdough bread, a clove of garlic, some good feta cheese, Greek yogurt, some pine nuts, salad leaves and also a few ingredients for the dressing; olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and salt and pepper.
The only cooking part of this recipe involves toasting the pine nuts and baking the sourdough bread croutons, how easy is that!
Once you’ve toasted the pine nuts and made the croutons this is really just an assembly job. My kind of cooking, quick and easy, minimal fuss and good, healthy tasty results.
Fig and Feta Salad
- 125 g/4 oz sourdough bread sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 figs quartered
- 100 g/3 1/2oz feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 100 g/3 1/2 oz mixed salad leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Rub the slices of sourdough bread with garlic all over and tear into bite sized pieces
- Place these on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes till golden, turning half way through
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan for less than 1 minute, they just want to go golden and become aromatic
- Mix the feta cheese with the Greek yogurt
- Mix up the salad dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake well
- Plate up the salad leaves with the figs and croutons and add the feta and yogurt
- Drizzle over with the dressing
PIN ME FOR LATER