Love jam but trying to give refined sugar a miss these days? This sugar free apricot and almond chia jam will be just perfect for you then. All the taste and none of the guilt!
sugar free apricot and almond chia jam
I love jam but not always the amount of sugar I have to use. Sometimes I make healthier jams like this Sugar Free Apricot and Almond Chia Jam that is packed full of fruity goodness and protein too. Okay so it only keeps for 1 week in the fridge, but it’ll all gone by then anyway.
Apricots are ripe just now and the shops are full of them. This apricot and almond chia jam is a great way of using them and having the sweetness of apricot on your toast first thing in the morning.
I’ve added almonds as I just love the combination of flavours and I do like a bit of crunch with jams to make a contrast with all that gooey goodness. Toast the almond flakes first so you get more of a crunch and that really lovely toasty nutty flavour.
The only other ingredients in this apricot and almond chia jam are chia seeds. Chia seeds are protein packed little power-houses that give the jellyness to this jam. Also a little vanilla extract that always goes so well with apricots.
You will need a dry pan to toast the almonds before you get started. The only other pieces of kitchen kit you’ll need is a food processor to whazz everything together and a pan to warm up the apricots.
It is a simple recipe for sugar free apricot and almond chic jam. It’s seriously tasty and for once you can say that jam is actually good for you.
Here are another couple of sugar free chia jams you might like to try;
Apricot and Almond Chia Jam
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 6 apricots fresh
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Toast the flaked almonds in a dry pan for about 1 minute until golden and producing that nutty aroma, remove from pan immediately so they don't continue to cook and burn
- Half the apricots and discard stones then blitz with the vanilla extract in food processor then heat in a pan for 10 minutes at a simmer
- Remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds
- Ladle into a sterile jar and set aside for at least 1 hour before using.
- Will keep for 1 week in the fridge.
PIN ME FOR LATER