Read on for my recipe for chocolate avocado spread
The massive Avozilla (an monster avocado that is double the length and up to five times the weight of a standard avocado) has been introduced to the UK this week courtesy of Tesco. Hailing from South Africa this green giant has a skin tough enough to form the bowl for all the guacamole you can make with the flesh. Me thinks this beastie might just be popular with the party crowd.
The BBC were quick to grab the baton (or should that be the Avozilla) and run with a story, so I’m off to the studios in Glasgow this morning to talk about uses for the fabulous avocado on the Fred McAulay show at 10.50am. Here is the recipe on the BBC web site.
I’ll give you the beauty uses in a separate post as I want to share this yummy recipe with you first, come on I have to, it’s got chocolate in it…..
Chocolate Avocado Spread
This is a grown up chocolate spread that knocks that hazelnut stuff into a cocked hat. Really easy to whip up in just a few minutes, you’ll soon find yourself spreading this on toast and crackers and basking in the fact that avocados are so darn good for you!
Only 3 ingredients!
- Dark chocolate
- chilli finely chopped
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or bowl over simmering water. Watch out that the bubbles don’t tough the bowl.
Peel the avocado and whizz up in food processor
Add finely chopped red chilli and the melted chocolate and whizz again
Spoon into a small jar or bowl (cover with cling film)
How long will this keep
Your chocolate avocado spread will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
How to use this
Spread on toast or crackers for a light snack.
Chocolate & Avocado Spread
- 100 g/3 1/2 oz dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids is best
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped red chilli
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl over a pan of bubbling water but don't let the bowl touch the water itself.
- Peel the avocado and whizz up the flesh in a food processor.
- Add the finely chopped chilli and pour in the melted chocolate.
- Whizz to combine.
- Spoon into a jar or bowl and chill in the fridge.
- Serve with toast or crackers.
- Will keep in the fridge for 3 days.
- Add cream cheese for a creamier version if you find the dark chocolate too strong.
PIN ME FOR LATER