Stuffed peppers are a great easy oven baked meal and these vegetarian curry stuffed peppers are just packed with flavour and so easy to make any night of the week.
What’s to love about this recipe
- Everyone loves a curry and this is a different way to serve it!
- This is perfect for those days you want to vegetarian and meat free
- It’s a throw it in the oven recipe that means there is little hand-on work to do
- Taste – these vegetarian curry stuffed peppers are packed with amazing flavour
- This is a great way to use up leftover cooked rice
I’ve used green peppers for these vegetarian curry stuffed peppers. I like the slightly bitter taste of them with the spices here. Feel free to use yellow, red or even orange peppers here whatever you prefer.
Other veggies are grated carrot and grated tomato (this makes it super easy to mix with the other ingredients), onion and garlic plus lemon zest and some fresh coriander.
Cooked rice – I’ve used Basmati rice.
I’ve used turmeric, ground cumin, chilli powder and garam masala, plus a little salt.
Making these vegetarian curry stuffed peppers really couldn’t be easier.
Simply mix all your ingredients together in a bowl (not the peppers obviously!).
Then cut the tops off the peppers and scoop out seeds and membranes. Reserve the tops.
Stuff your vegetarian curry and rice filling into the peppers and pack it down, top with the hats
Place in a small baking tray that just fits the peppers so they won’t topple over and drizzle with olive oil and pour about 1cm of water in bottom of the oven dish.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes
Simply serve your vegetarian curry stuffed peppers as they are, it’s a meal in its own little container. Add a pitta or nan bread if you want more carbs and maybe a salad on the side.
You can serve these stuffed peppers either hot or cold.
Looking for more easy vegetarian recipes to try? Then check these out before you go;
Or check out my Vegetarian Section for a whole host of delicious ideas.
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Vegetarian Curry Stuffed Peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 200 g rice cooked Basmati or long grain rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 tomatoes grated
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp coriander fresh coriander chopped
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- preheat oven to 180C
- Mix all the ingredients (apart from the peppers!) in bowl
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and membranes
- Stuff filling into peppers and add the tops, drizzle with olive oil and place in small baking tray, drizzle with oil and add about 1cm of water to bottom of baking dish
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes