When I’m pulling together Christmas hampers I like to think outside the box, or in this case the hamper, and put in some quirky things llike this refined sugar free granola along with the usual boozy, sweet and savoury treats. Sometimes it’s nice to add a little nod to healthy living in with all the usual indulgancies.
It’s all in the ingredients
This is a recipe that is all about pulling things together not so much in cooking as all you are going to be doing is baking all these gorgeous ingredients together in a hodge podge way for about 45 minutes.
You are going to need lots of natural goodies here; oats, coconut flakes, mixed nuts (chopped), a mixture of all sorts of seeds, I’ve used pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, a pich of sea salt, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, an egg white and dried mixed fruit.
I know it seems like a whole load of ingredients but you honestlydon’t have to do anything with them.
No refined sugar
The sweetness here is in the form of maple syrup and yes I am well aware that it is a form of sugar but doesn’t have the high GL of refined white sugar.
Once you’ve baked this granola and allowed it to cool, pack it in jars and it will keep for up to 4 weeks. The perfect breakfast for foodie friends.
This recipe for sugar free granola is from my Naughty & Nice Edible Gifts For Christmas eBook along with 50 other easy and fun festive treat recipes.
SUGAR FREE GRANOLA
- 250 g/9oz porridge oats
- 50 g/2oz coconut flakes
- 150 g/5oz chopped mixed nuts
- 40 g/11/2oz mixed seeds pumpkin, sesame and sunflower
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 150 g/5oz dried mixed fruit
- Preheat oven to 150C and line a large baking tray
- Mix all the ingredients (apart from the mixed fruit) in a large bowl and tip on to the lined baking tray spreading out evenly
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before adding the dried fruit and packing into jars
PIN ME FOR LATER