I love using herbs in cooking so why not in ice-cream too. This delightful rosemary and honey ice-cream brings my two favourite things together and makes them even better than ever.
Herbs + honey = summer. Better still herbs + honey + ice cream = even better summer! Anyone who knows me knows my passion for herbs. I grow them, cook with them and write about the damn things. Stands to reason I’d end up putting herbs, rosemary, in ice-cream too really.
Rosemary and Honey Ice-cream
I love coming up with desserts that are a little different. Things that have your guests asking ‘wow, what’s in that?’ in a nice way of course.
So this simple rosemary and honey ice-cream is so tasty, it’s different too and something your friends are bound to comment on and remember.
Ingredients for rosemary and honey ice-cream
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (fresh)
- 3 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 500ml semi skimmed milk
- 500ml double cream
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of runny honey
How to make rosemary and honey ice-cream
- Pull the rosemary needles off their stick and toss them into your food processor with the sugar. Now whazz them up till the rosemary is in tiny pieces. You can of course chop the rosemary but this is so much quicker.
- Pour the milk and cream into a blender or just tall jug and add the egg and your rosemary sugar and the runny honey. Whizz together.
- Leave the jug in the fridge for at least an hour to chill thoroughly before pouring into ice cream maker.
How long will this ice-cream keep for?
Will keep in freezer for up to 3 months and makes about 1 litre of ice-cream.
By the way, I just bought a new ice cream maker for only £20 and it is wonderful. I just keep the base in a bag in the freezer and we’re ready to rock whenever the urge for frozen goodness comes upon me!
If you are looking for more fun ice-cream recipe ideas then check out my Delightful Desserts collection for loads more sweet inspiration.
PIN ME FOR LATER