These pork kebabs with satay sauce are a bright and colourful tasty dish to whip up any day of the week to brighten up a chilly winter evening when you want to imagine there is a bit of sunshine and warmth somewhere.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring ‘Slimming Food’. These pork kebabs are a perfect example of the Mediterranean Diet even though the Satay Sauce is Asian.
There is your protein and veggies all on a simple stick. It is up to you how you serve this. Go for a simple salad and you are ticking all the boxes.
I love kebabs, they are fun to eat, quick to make and always remind me of summer and BBQs which is something you want to be reminded of when the weather is hellish.
The satay sauce I’ve made here is jam packed with flavour. I’m using ginger and lime as well as chilli for a kick.
You can use this satay sauce as a dip with crisps or crackers and as a spread on sandwiches too.
This is a simple three part recipe;
- You want to marinate the pork first to get some flavour in there.
- Make your satay sauce.
- Grill those kebabs.
Then just plate everything up and enjoy!
Pork Kebabs with ginger and lime satay sauce
- 2 pork steaks cut into cubes
- 4 skewars
- 1 yellow pepper cut into squares any colours will do
- 1 onion cut into chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch ground chilli
- Satay Sauce
- 1/4 cup good quality peanut butter
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- juice of half a lime
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 anchovy chopped or 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves to serve
- Marinate the pork cubes by placing in a plastic bag with the marinate ingredients and leave in fridge for at least 2 hours
- Thread the cubes on to skewers interspersing with peppers and onions
- Whizz all the satay sauce ingredients together in food processor then spoon into bowl and set aside in fride to let the flavours develop for at least 1 hour
- Grill the kebabs until meat is golden and cooked through
- Serve with the satay sauce on the side and a green salad.