A baked dip? Has she lost it completely now? Yes indeedy, this is a baked artichoke dip and it’s super easy and fast to make and makes a nice change to the usual assortment of dips to offer your guests with their drinks and nibbles when you are entertaining. As it is served warm it is perfect for chilly evenings with just chunks of fresh bread to dip into it.
This is a Greek recipe so of course has Greek yogurt, lemons, garlic and dried oregano among the other ingredients. Dried oregano is a staple in Greek cooking. Cretan oregano is fabulous if you can get it, packed with amazing flavour, if you can’t get Cretan then do look out for Greek oregano. Actually oregano is one of those herbs that actually tastes better dried than fresh. Basil on the other hand is way, way better in its fresh form.
You are using preserved artichokes in oil that you buy in a jar for this baked artichoke dip, so it is something that can be whipped up at any time of year.
As it’s a warm dip it really is a little bit of a comfort food and perfect to have a bowl of this in front of the fire with some crusty bread and a good glass or two of wine.
Baked Artichoke Dip
- 2 preserved artichokes in oil from a jar
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh basil chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C350F
- Whizz all the ingredients together in food processor
- Spoon into a small oven proof dish and bake for 35-40 mins and cover with foil for the last 15 mins
- Allow to cool a little before serving with crusty bread