Nothing says Christmas more than cranberries and this colourful cranberry salsa is super Christmassy and packed with the most amazing flavours. Serve this salsa with these amazing festive shaped crisps made from baked wraps. It’s Christmas on a plate!
What’s to love about this recipe?
- This Christmas cranberry salsa and festive crisps recipe is FUN!
- It’s super easy using storecupboard ingredients to make this tasty salsa.
- We all need those extra ideas for whipping up something a wee bit different when guests come round at the holidays and this cranberry salsa and these tasty wrap crisps really is the way to go.
- Come on, just look at the colours, it’s Christmas in a bowl!
I’ve done loads of cranberry recipes over the years. Everything from cranberry and orange gin, simply gorgeous stuff.
And there are lots more, just put cranberry in the search box and they will all pop up for you.
Ingredients for cranberry salsa
This simple salsa recipe is all about colour and flavour. You’ve just got to have the traditional reds and greens for Christmas.
Plus flavour, it’s Christmas all the way with this flavour-packed salsa!
Cranberries are a must of course. No salsa would be complete without chillis and I’ve used both red and green chilli peppers in my Christmas salsa for colour.
Peppers, go wild with all the colours you can get here. I’ve used the standard red, yellow and green peppers. Throw in some orange pepper too if you can get it.
Gorgeous baby tomatoes, you can even go multi-coloured with this part of your salsa too.
Garlic of course and fresh coriander.
Now on to the flavourings for your cranberry salsa;
I’ve used lime juice for that mouth-puckering pickle style kick, sugar and honey for sweetness – remember cranberries are tart in their won right so a bit of sweetness always helps.
A clementine, this most Christmassy of the citrus fruits for fabulously festive flavour. And a dash of red wine vinegar. Oh and some cinnamon too for Christmas.
How to make Christmas cranberry salsa
First, you want to chop up all your veggies into small pieces. You could pulse these in a food processor but to be honest I like the crunch of little pieces in my Christmas salsa.
In a food processor there is always the risk of it whizzing on and you ending up with a mush. So get that knife out and chop those delicious peppers and cranberries etc to the sounds of your fave Christmas tunes.
Cook the cranberries in the clementine juice along with the zest of the clementine and the sugar for about 10 minutes then cool.
Add the cooked cranberries to all the other salsa ingredients and that’s it – Christmas cranberry salsa.
The complete list of ingredients and full instructions for making this recipe can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Christmas wrap crisps
Now on to those all-important festive crisps to dip into that gorgeous cranberry salsa.
All you need here is a pack of wraps. I’ve just used plain wraps, but you can use wholemeal wraps or whatever you happen to have on hand.
I rolled out my wraps with a rolling pin to make them even thinner and flatter.
Then simply cut out shapes using my trusty holly and Christmas tree-shaped cookie cutters.
Put the wrap shapes on a baking tray, spritz with oil and sprinkle with some spices. I’ve gone for harissa and sesame seeds for extra crunch.
Bake for about 10 minutes.
How to serve your Christmas salsa
Just serve this cranberry salsa with a big pile of your Christmas spicy wrap crisps piled around the bowl.
You can serve the wrap crisps with everything from soups to a cheeseboard too.
This Christmas cranberry salsa is also great for piling on top of venison burgers, serving with those cold cuts after Christmas and slathering on a toasted cheese sandwich.
Add cranberry also to that sharing platter for your holiday parties too.
Looking for more festive party ideas? Then check these out before you go;
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Christmas Cranberry Salsa With Festive Wrap Crisps
- 75 g cranberries
- 10 baby romatoes
- 1 tsp chilli pepper mix of red and green chilli peppers
- 1 tbsp red pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp green pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp yellow pepper chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped
- 1 clementine juice and zest
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
For the wrap crisps
- 3 wraps makes 30 crisps
- 1/2 tsp harissa powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp olive oil to spritz the shapes
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Heat the cranberries along with juice and zest of the clementine and the sugar and simmer for about 10 minutes – allow to cool completely
- Chop all the veggies and coriander, place in a large bowl and add the cooled cooked cranberries along with the vinegar, lime juice and zest, honey, cinnamon and seasoning
- cover and set aside for an hour for the flavours to develop
To make the wrap crisps
- Roll out wraps to make even thinner and flatter and cut out holly and Christmas tree shapes with cookie cutters
- Lay out on baking tray and spritz with oil and sprinkle with the harissa and sesame seeds
- bake for 10 minutes till golden