Read on for my recipe for blackberry sage water
Blackberry sage water is a great alternative to those sweet fizzy drinks when you want something tasty and healthy to quench your thirst. Blackberries are in the hedgerows just now so make the most of nature’s bounty and enjoy this wonderful drink.
This blackberry sage water is a two-part recipe and then it’s just a case of letting time do the work for you and straining the results. What could be easier really.
How to make your blackberry sage water
You start by making a sage tea and setting this aside to cool. While this is happening blitz the blackberries and chilli in food processor then press through a nylon sieve.
Strain the sage tea and add to the berry puree in a jug and top with 3 cups of water. Leave in fridge overnight then strain into another jug or bottle for a gorgeously clear colourful and tasty drink that is healthy too.
Blackberry Sage Water
- 1 cup blackberries
- 4 sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh chilli
- 4 cups of water
- Make the sage tea using the fresh sage leaves broken up to release their oils and 1 cup of the water heated to boiling, set aside to cool completely
- Blitz the blackberries and chilli in food processor then press through a nylon sieve
- Strain the leaves from the sage tea and pour into a jug and add the berry puree
- Add 3 more cups of cold water and leave in the fridge over night to allow the flavours to develop
- Strain through a sieve into a clean jug and serve chilled
PIN ME FOR LATER