Don’t you just love something sweet with a cup of tea or coffee. These super easy ginger flapjacks are perfect with a cuppa and are pulled together with real store cupboard basics,. Really there’s no excuse not to make them…..
When I say these flapjacks are super easy to make I’m not kidding you. They are a simple matter of melting down the ingredients in a pan and then pouring it all out onto a baking sheet and shoving it in the oven.
I like recipes like that, very little effort, lots of lip-smacking satisfaction.
I did this recipe originally for my cookbook Simply Scottish Cakes and Bakes. I had to be a tad fancier for that so drizzled over some basic icing just to make them look more fancy and good enough for the editor.
Super Easy Ginger Flapjacks
There is no getting away from it folks, these wee nibbles are sweet. Golden syrup and sugar is not for those trying to avoid sweet stuff.
However, sometimes we just need a bit of sweet comfort to get us through the day and these will certainly help.
Ingredients for ginger flapjacks
Most of these bits and bobs you should have lurking about.
Butter, caster sugar (use granulated if no caster, lets not be too fussy here), golden syrup, oatmeal, ground ginger and the zest of an orange.
How to make ginger flapjacks
Melt all ingredients in a nice big pan over a low heat. Don’t be tempted to use too high a temperature here.
Thensimply pour into a greased and lined baking tray and shove it in the oven for about 35 minutes.
Voila! Easy Ginger Flapjacks. Cool, cut and eat.
How many flapjacks does this make?
This makes quite a lot of flapjacks. And as they are so sweet a little goes a long way.
Feel free to half the recipe and just make less. Less is more and all that. Really, is less more? All too complicated for my little brain.
Looking for more easy tea time treats to try? Then check out these recipes before you go;
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Easy Scottish Ginger Flapjacks
- 350 g butter
- 275 g caster sugar
- 225 g golden syrup
- 450 g medium oatmeal porridge oats
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 orange zest only
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a 28 x 18cm baking tin
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a large pan over a low heat
- Once sugar has dissolved add in the ginger, orange zest and oats and stir well to ensure everything if thoroughly mixed
- Spoon into the prepared baking tin and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until golden at the edges
- Leave to cool in tin for about 15 minutes and whilst still warm score into squares or bars.
- When it is completely cold remove from tin and cut the slices straight through
- Drizzle with icing if you can be bothered