This deliciously succulent roasted cauliflower is made traybake style in only one pan and is flavoured with all the wonderful tastes of the Mediterranean, it’s sunshine on a plate and so easy to make too.
Why you are going to love this recipe
- Going veggie whenever you can is good for you and the palnet too and this roasted Mediterranean cauliflower is a win win on all fronts
- This cauliflower tray bake is made all in one roasting tray so minimal washing up – result!
- My roasted Mediterranean cauliflower traybake is super quick to make, just 30 minutes in the oven.
- You are using basic store-cupboard ingredients for this recipe, nothing fancy.
- Healthy eating – roasted cauliflower is a healthy low carb meal and low in calories too.
If you are following the Mediterranian low carb style diet then this roasted cauliflower traybake is perfect for you. It is filling and tasty but ticks all those healthy boxes too.
Ingredients for Mediterranean cauliflower traybake
There aren’t many ingredients for this simple traybake. All in all, there are only 6 ingredients, store-cupboard cooking at its best.
Cauliflower – as this is a recipe for just one person a small cauliflower will do fine. Size up to suit the number you are making this Mediterranean cauliflower dish for.
Cherry tomatoes – always available in the shops and usually found lurking in your fruit bowl too. If you don’t have cherry tomatoes just use any tomatoes and chop them up a bit.
Olives – Use black or green olives, whatever you have to hand. I always tend to use pre-stoned olives for my recipes as there is nothing worse than chomping down on an olive and encountering the stone/pit and thus endangering your teeth!
Onion – Just a small onion and a clove of garlic are your base flavourings for your cauliflower traybake.
Spices – I’ve used Harissa paste to add amazing spicy flavour to my roasted cauliflower recipe. You can make your own Harrisa paste by following my super easy recipe.
How to make Mediterranean roasted cauliflower traybake
This is a super easy baked cauliflower recipe, you are basically cutting everything up and chucking it on to an oven tray.
Cut the cauliflower into thick steak-like slices about 2cm/1/2″ thick. Don’t worry about smaller pieces breaking off. These will cook up beautifully and be all lovely and gnarly and crispy, just packed with that Mediterranean flavour you’ll be adding.
Chop the onion and mince the garlic.
Throw all of these ingredients onto an oven tray and drizzle over olive oil and the harissa paste.
Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes till the cauliflower is golden and a fork goes into it easily.
Do you have to boil cauliflower before roasting it?
No, simply follow the recipe here and you are good to go. The cauliflower with roast beautifully in the oven in its cauliflower steaks and be soft and tender with crispy smaller bits.
How to serve this cauliflower tray bake
I love to serve this roasted cauliflower traybake with toasted flaked almonds for extra crunch and texture.
Simply toast a tablespoon of flaked almonds in a dry pan for barely a minute. Watch these guys like a hawk as they can catch and burn really easily. As soon as they turn golden and release that gorgeous nutty aroma tip them out of the pan to stop them cooking.
Sprinkle on some fresh herbs like basil or parsley if you have them.
How many does this recipe serve?
I have made this roasted Mediterranean cauliflower traybake for one person as a filling vegetarian meal for one. However, you can very easily scale this recipe up to suit as many people as you want.
Looking for more super easy vegetarian recipes? Then check these out before you go;
Quick and easy roasted cauliflower cheesesteaks
The easiest lazy veggie lasagne
Chickpea Gnocchi with tomatoes and pesto
Or check out my Vegetarian Section for a whole host of amazing recipes.
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower Traybake
- 300 g cauliflower 1 small cauliflower
- 12 olives
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced/sliced
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp parsley or basil
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Slice the cauliflower into 2cm/1/2" steaks and place on the baking tray
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, olives and cherry tomatoes to the tray
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the olive oil and harissa paste
- Roast in oven for approx 25 minutes till golden
- Meanwhile, toast the flaked almonds in a dry pan for barely a minute till golden
- Serve the roasted cauliflower with the flaked toasted almonds and fresh parsley or basil
Leave a Reply