Are you still struggling through January on that sugar free mission that so many have adopted this month? If so then this sugar free gluten free banana and coconut cake could be just the thing to liven up your day and give you that sweet treat you so crave but without the naughtiness of the dreaded sugar.
Using ripe banana (and yes even those seriously spotty ones that look a tad dodgy in the fruit bowl are ideal for this) and coconut as the sweetener for this cake means you can avoid any added sweeteners, and the vanilla and spices add their own flavour and sweetness too.
No sugar, no gluten!
I use my homemade All Nut Butter instead of peanut butter in this recipe, but feel free to use any nut butter you have to hand.
This recipe makes a small sugar free gluten free banana and coconut cake that gives 4 slices, if you want to upscale just double the quantities in the recipe.
Quick and easy
This is a quick and easy sugar free gluten free banana and coconut cake to make and a good standby recipe to have on hand. I have served mine with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, a sprinkling of coconut and some raspberries on the side. You can jazz it up with anything you fancy, and if you do want to add some extra sweetness just stir some runny honey into the yogurt.
Here’s to having your cake even without sugar!
Sugar Free Gluten Free Banana And Coconut Cake
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut plus extra to decorate
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
- Line a small 13cm/5" baking tin with parchment paper
- Beat together the eggs and banana in food mixer
- Add all other ingredients and mix untill well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and firm on top.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin and fully cooling on a wire rack.
- scatter with coconut.
PIN ME FOR LATER