This is a really simple recipe and one I tend to trot out if anyone is popping in for coffee, so quick and easy to have the house full of yummy baking smells and a plate of still warm cookies on the table.
I use dried lavender to make my lavender cookies and you can even use lavender infused sugar if you have already made some.
- 225g/8oz unsalted butter (softened)
- 175g/6oz caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 250g/9oz plain (all purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender crushed
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5
- have 2 or 3 flat baking trays ready covered with baking paper.
- Chop the softened butter and whip in a bowl with the sugar till light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg in a cup and add half to the butter mix and stir, then add half of the flour and baking powder, stir and then add the rest of the egg and the remaining flour etc. Add the lavender flowers last.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the batter on to your prepared baking sheets and space well apart as they spread a lot.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and just a teeny bit crisp round the edges.
- Cool on wire rack and if you are like me you'll eat more than your fair share before any guests arrive.