Honey is one of the oldest products known to man. From ancient times it has been used to sweeten, to heal, to flavour and to calm. What we in the modern world would boast as a Super Food and loudly proclaim it’s virtues as if we ourselves had invented something so perfectly natural.
Many think only of honey in terms of it’s sweetness and it’s eatable qualities, but there is more to the bumble bee’s bounty, the golden goodness can be used in so many ways and not just to keep Pooh Bear happy.
Here are Ten Top Tips For Using Honey At Home;
1. Hangover cure Honey contains a lot of fructose which helps to speed up the metabolism. Taking a couple of teaspoons of honey on the morning after and get your hangover shifted that wee bit faster.
2. Chill Out While it can speed things up in moving a hangover, honey has incredible soothing qualities on the mind.
Sleep add a teaspoon of honey to chamomile tea at night to boost the herb’s sleep qualities.
Calm Add a teaspoon of honey to your porridge in the morning to boost the calming qualities of oats and help keep you calm while under pressure.
3. Zit Zapper Dab honey on pesky spots and they will vanish fast due to its antimicrobial and healing properties.
4. Sore Throat Mix a tablespoon of honey with the juice of a lemon and sip to sooth a sore throat. No need to add hot water and whisky, this does the job far better.
5. First Aid For minor scrapes and burns smear on honey to protect, heal and sooth. It also makes scar tissue less noticable.
7. Weight Loss Use instead of sugar as it speeds the metabolism and thus helps in the battle of the bulge.
8. Bath time Soften the water in your bath by adding a tablespoon of honey under the hot tap.
9. Energy Booster Forget those fizzy energy drinks, just take a tablespoon of honey before working out to get the great benefits of its glucose that is released into brain and blood stream without all the gazziness or chemicals of those modern drinks.
10. Face Facts Honey is the perfect moisture wash for your face. It heals irregularities and also seals in the moisture to keep your skin plumped up and looking youthful.
Have a great weekend everyone.