This grapefruit and ginger gin is light and refreshing but with that spicy warming kick of ginger that goes so well with the zestiness of grapefruit, it’s definitely a winner in the drinks department.
Grapefruit And Ginger Gin
I have been making so many foodie goodies on stage over the past few weeks my head fairly spins with measurements and recipe info.
I feel like it’s time to kick back and pour a drink and what better a tipple than this hot and zesty Grapefruit and Ginger Gin.
This is a grapefruit flavoured gin
There are so many flavoured gins and vodkas these days in the shops, but they don’t come cheap.
You can make your own grapefruit and ginger gin so easily you will soon be hooked and making all sorts of flavoured booze and forget the shops completely!
I love making infused booze and actually prefer drinking simple infusions to overly sweet liqueurs.
This grapefruit and ginger gin is a perfect example.
You can use pink or normal grapefruit for this recipe and feel free to use vodka instead of gin if that is your preferred tipple.
There are only three ingredients here;
Gin * Grapefruit * Ginger
The only kit you’ll need is a peeler, a sharp knife and a large jar.
How to make grapefruit and ginger gin
- You can either use unwaxed grapefruit or give ‘normal’ grapefruits a good scrub with hot soapy water then rinse well and pat dry.
- Peel off the skin and try to avoid the bitter white pith.
- Pop this into a nice clean jar and squeeze in all the juice.
- Peel and slice the ginger and add this to the jar along with the gin.
- Screw on the lid, shake well and leave in a cupboard for two weeks for the flavours to mingle and infuse.
- Strain through muslin or a sieve lined with kitchen roll and pour into pretty sterilised bottles.
Drink within a year.
How to serve grapefruit and ginger gin
Use this gin as you would any other. Serve it with tonic plus ice and a slice (grapefruit of course!)
Serve it really ice-cold (put the bottle in the freezer) like schnapps in a tiny frozen shot glass
Use this flavoured gin as part of a cocktail
How’s that for Christmas cheer!
Now how easy was that folks? You’ll find this grapefruit and ginger gin recipe and loads of others in my new recipe Ebook Naughty and Nice Edible Gifts For Christmas.
Looking for more homemade hooch ideas? Then check these out before you go;
PIN ME FOR LATER
Finally, if you do try this homemade grapefruit and ginger gin recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/rating below. I love hearing from readers and respond to everyone. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest and sign up for my newsletter too.
Grapefruit And Ginger Gin
- 2 large grapefruit
- 500 ml/1 pint gin or vodka if you prefer
- 1 tbsp peeled and sliced ginger
- If grapefruit are waxed then scrub well in hot soapy water and rinse thoroughly before peeling off the skin and trying to avoid the bitter white pith
- Pop this into a large jar and squeeze in all the grapefruit juice
- Add the peeled and sliced ginger and top up with the gin
- Screw a lid on the jar and set aside in a cupboard for 2 weeks to infuse
- Strain through a muslin or kitchen roll lined sieve and pour into sterile bottles
- Use within 1 year