Scottish party food, it’s all about traditional Scottish dishes made in miniature bite-sized portions just perfect for any type of party or even a picnic.
A Wee Taste Of Scotland
This book is full of simple recipes for bite-sized traditional and modern Scottish dishes perfect for parties or picnics.
I’ve always been a keen cook having being brought up in a house where my Mum made everything from scratch and baked every weekend.
As a writer and presenter of Homecrafts for Scottish Television and BBC Radio Scotland I wanted to share my ‘Make It Simple’ philosophy within the realms of my passion for cooking, and my homeland of Scotland.
Scottish Party Food
In this fun and informative book I’m sharing my methods and hints with you so you will be able to easily produce your own fabulous Scottish dishes in party food style.
This book is for anyone who wants to produce their own Scottish-themed dishes on a small, easy and manageable scale, whether they are a complete kitchen novice or already an enthusiastic cook looking for new recipes.
There are over fifty easy-to-follow recipes for soups, fish dishes, meat, poultry, desserts and drinks, as well as extra recipes for jellies, jams and dips to make everything that wee bit more special.
You’ll learn how to make;
- Soup Sips including Partan Bree, Cullen Skink and Cauliflower Cheese
- Fabulous fishy dishes like Musselburgh Tarts and Finnon Fingers
- Easy meat dishes like Mini Venison Burgers and Balmoral BitesSimply Scones
- Great veggie options including Skirlie Sacks, Croudie Croustades and Clapshot Croquettes
- Delightful desserts like Frozen Drambuie Soufflés, Cranachan Cream And Porridge Brulee
- Fun and easy drinks to make any party go with a swing!
- Fabulous extras like Roasty Roots, Rowan & Redcurrant Jelly and Boozeberry Jam
Beautiful clear pictures and simple instructions make this book the perfect addition to your kitchen library.
I’ll explain exactly what you will need for all recipes with listings of all tools required and explanations of all sorts of useful cooking terms, plus hints and tips, conversion tables and a handy translation section for our American readers.
Check out this wee video and see what’s inside
Click below to visit Amazon and purchase the book either hardback, paperback or in Kindle format.