Salt And Pepper Oatcakes
Super easy and oh so tasty and healthy oatcakes, perfect for snacking.
- 250 g/9oz mixed porridge and pinhead oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coursley ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60 g/2 1/2 oz melted butter
- 75 ml/3 fl oz approx hot water
- extra salt flakes and black pepper to sprinkle
Heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and lightly grease a baking tray.
Mix together all dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
Make a well in centre and pour in melted butter and stir well.
Add enough hot water to make a dough.
Roll out on floured surface to approx 5mm/1/4" and use a cookie cutter to cut out rounds.
Place on baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes till oatcakes are golden and just firm. They will crisp up as they cool.
Cool on a wire rack.