Makes 6 party nibble sized servings
- 2 thin slices of Ayrshire bacon or your favourite
- 6 scallops in shells
- 2 tablespoons Light Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 25 g/1oz Crowdie or other soft cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Grill the bacon until crisp and once cool snap into small pieces.
De-beard scallops and remove roe. Place the scallops on their half shells on a baking tray.
Mix the oil with parsley, lemon zest, ginger, salt and pepper then brush this over the scallops.
Grill for 2 minutes at high temperature. Add the cheese and continue grilling for 1 more minute.
Top with bacon pieces and a dash of the balsamic vinegar.
Serve on a bed of rock salt with tiny forks