Smoked Mackerel Pate
A super quick and easy and healthy recipe for smoked mackerel pate which is perfect for toast, a light lunch or as a party dip too.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 100 g/3 1/2 oz smoked mackerel fillets skinned
- 40 g/1 1/2 oz creme fraiche
- 40 g/1 1/2 oz cottage cheese
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish or horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- zest & juice of half a lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
Toast the caraway seeds in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes until they become aromatic, allow to cool
Put all ingredients into a food processor and whazz till you have the consistancy you prefer.
If using as a dip go for a completely smooth mix and add a little yogurt or extra creme fraiche to loosen.