Scottish Cranachan Cream is the perfect party dessert and is quick and easy to make.
- 2 tbsp water
- 60 g/2 1/2 oz caster sugar
- 60 g/2 1/2 oz pinhead or medium oatmeal
- 100 ml/3 1/2 fl oz whipping cream
- 1 tbsp whisky
- 250 ml/8fl oz Greek yogurt
- fresh raspberries for each glass
- 2 tbsp heather honey any runny honey will do
Heat te water in a small pan with the sugar until it goes golden and stir in the oatmeal making sure it all gets a good coating of the syrup.
Spoon into a shallow dish and leave to cool and harden completely.
Whip the cream and gently fold in the whisky and the Greek yogurt and a few of the raspberries.
Break up the candied oats
Spoon into 6 small glasses and top with a couple of raspberries and a sprinkle with the candied oats
Drizzle with honey just before serving