Getting a good night’s sleep is something we all strive for. This banana and lettuce snoozie smoothie sleep air will actually help you reach the land of nod the natural way. Oh and it tastes great too.
banana and lettuce snoozie smoothie sleep aid
You normally think of smoothies as something you have at breakfast time to get you going for the day, well I’m turning the tables here as my snoozie smoothie is an evening smoothie that is actually a sleep aid to help you get that all important rest at the end of a long day.
Sleep can elude us for all sorts of reasons, from illness (and of course the medications you might have to take), to stress to even being so over-tired that you can’t actually nod off. Any sleep aid that helps us get those precious zzzzz is tempting, this snoozie smoothie is all natural so really the best way to go, plus it does taste rather nice too.
Ingredients for this smoothie sleep aid
- Bananas are an excellent source of magnesium and potassium,both of which help to relax over stressed muscles so are the ideal snack before bed time
- chamomile contains an anti oxidant called apigenin which helps decrease anxiety and initiates sleep
- lettuce contains a substance called lactur carium that helps promote sleep
- lemon helps lower blood pressure which is raised during stress
How to make this snoozie smoothie
Make chamomile tea as you normally would with a tea bag and boiling water. Let it cool a bit and then whizz in food processor with the lettuce, banana and lemon juice. Serve warm and sip before bed.
Once you’ve tried this snoozie smoothie you might like to try the more normal breakfast variety. Here are some great recipes to get you going after a good night’s sleep;
Finally, if you do try this banana and lettuce snoozie smoothie sleep aid then do leave a comment/rating below. I love hearing from readers and respond to everyone just as fast as I can. Want more Larder Love, then follow me on Facebook and Instagram and sign up for my weekly newsletter too.
Banana and lettuce snoozie smoothie
- 1 chamomile teabag
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ banana
- 90 g/3 ½ oz iceberg lettuce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Make tea with 1 cup boiling water and the chamomile teabag, infuse for 10 minutes
- Blitz tea with all other ingredients
- Drink just before bedtime
PIN ME FOR LATER