Read on for my recipe for a simple salmon salad
Light as a feather, pretty as a picture. Sometimes lunch just has to be something you can pull together fast but still feel maybe just a tad virtuous.
This is a simple salmon salad using poached salmon with mixed leaves, baby broad beans and orzo pasta.
Simple Salmon Salad
- 1 portion of poached salmon (chicken would work equally well for this lunch)
- any mixed leaf salad, I used water cress and baby spinach
- Spring onion
- Frozen baby broad beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice pulse grated zest of lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon runny honey
- salt & pepper
Mix your dressing in a jam jar and give it the whole ‘shake it all about’ dance round the kitchen. Okay that’s the exercise for the day.
When putting together this simple salmon salad I took the outer green off the spring onion in one piece first so I could have a long thin blade to use for decoration. The rest of the spring onion was chopped at an angle as normal to go in the salad, but hey, sometimes you just have to make that blade of grass look to finish off the plate…..
Keep it simple, keep it light, make it fun and tasty.