Last week on the Chris Evans drive time show on Radio 2 they were making chocolate cakes in mugs. Well my mouth was watering as l listened so l was determined to have a go. It being the Easter holidays and weather a tad wild, what better way to while away 5 minutes in the kitchen with kids!
I downloaded the recipe from the BBC web site so here it is for you.
Now you are meant to let this cool and tip it out on to a plate. No chance, Idgy and l were in there like starving dingos, the cake didn’t stand a chance. Yummy!
So if you still have the kids around and are looking for a quick treat that gives them something fun to do, go for it, make a cake.
Big thanks to Radio 2 for having this fab recipe on their show.
How To Make Cake In A Mug
- 4 tbs self raising flour
- 4 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs milk
- 3 tbs sunflower oil
- 3 tbs choc chips optional
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1 large coffee mug mine was a tad small - High School Musical not best choice!
- Double cream creme fraiche - optional for serving
- Put all the dry ingredients into your mug and mix like mad. Now add the egg and mix again. Then add the milk and oil and really mix like mad, get that oil everywhere in the mug. Now add the dash of vanilla extract, choc chips or any other little extra you can think of.
- Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes (in a 1000 watt oven).