If you like cauliflower cheese then you will adore my Cheesy Cauliflower Soup. It’s the ultimate in comfort food, spoonfuls of creamy goodness all the way.
Autumn is most definitely upon us. The wind is whipping up already fallen leaves and squally showers beat against the windows. It is time to think of hearty comfort food again and what better than soup.
This cauliflower cheese soup is one of our favourites, it’s a hug in a mug.
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 small leek chopped
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 litre chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 125g/4oz cheddar cheese grated
- 1 pkt mozzarella
- 120ml/4fl oz double cream (heavy cream)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
How to make cheesy cauliflower soup:
- Pour the olive oil into a large pan and add the onion and leek, cook on a low heat stirring as you go, add the garlic after 5 minutes.
- Chop the cauliflower florets from the stalk and add them to the pot along with the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the finely chopped thyme (reserve a few sprigs to decorate later).
- Blitz the soup either in a blender or by using a wand blender.
- Add the grated cheese and the pulled apart mozzarella cheese and cream to the pot and stir continuously. Make sure you are on a nice low heat now as you don’t want this boiling.
- When all cheese is melted and everything is nicely mixed and smooth serve with warm crusty bread and a sprinkling of thyme.
Looking for more soupy ideas? Then check out my Easy Soup Recipes section for lots of spoonable inspiration.
PIN ME FOR LATER