Soup to me is total comfort food, healthy, wholesome and easy to eat, oh and above all else, tasty, totally tasty. I love beetroot and wanted to make a soup with a bit of oomph to warm us up in this chilly weather. I put ginger in the soup and it really makes a big difference. So here is my easy recipe for Beetroot and Ginger soup, a bit of colour and spiciness to tickle your taste-buds.
You will need;
- 1kilo/2 1/4lb beetroot
- 450g/1lb carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stick celery
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger root
- 1 bay leaf
- Ckicken stock or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
How to make Beetroot and ginger soup;
- Peel and chop all the veg and grate the ginger after peeling. Toss everything into a large pan with the bay leaf and cover with the stock. I used about 1 litre of stock. Bring to the boil, then cover the pan and bring down to a simmer. Let it bubble away for about an hour until everything is tender.
- Fish out the bay leaf and then whizz with a stick blender till smooth, add seasoning to taste.
- If it is too thick add some extra stock.
- Serve with soured cream or natural yogurt swirled on top.
Sweet and spicy, perfect for a wet and windy day.
PIN ME FOR LATER