Rich and creamy with a delightfully light flavour this avocado dip and sauce is just as good on the side with salmon as it is on toast with a poached egg or just for dipping in youor favourite veggies or crisps.
Why you’ll love this avocado dip
- Quick and easy to make in just a matter of minutes.
- So versatile, use it as a dip with chips, as a sauce on the side or a sandwich filler too.
- Just 3 ingredients, what could be better or easier.
- Super healthy too!
This avocado dip can be used in all sorts of ways from a dip for crudities and crisps to a sandwich filler with chicken, prawns or salmon to a side sauce for seared salmon as I’ve used it here. Super easy to make with few ingredients it’s the perfect spring addition to your recipe collection.
Ingredients for avocado dip
With merely 3 ingredients and no real effort involved there really is no excuse for not making this avocado dip and I just know that once you’ve tried it once you’ll be whipping it up all the time.
With almonds, avocado, lime juice and salt and pepper you can remember the ingredients without even looking them up and it is such a good way to use up that avocado that always seems to be lurking in the salad drawer. Not only is it easy to make and remember but it’s healthy too so you really can’t go wrong with this one.
You can always add other flavourings to it as well to jazz things up a bit. Fresh chilli finely chopped would give it a nice kick or you could even add some curry spices for a totally different taste sensation. Here’s where you can find out how I make my own curry spice mix.
How to make avocado dip and sauce
- First, toast the almonds in a dry pan over medium heat. Watch them like a hawk so they don’t burn. This only takes about a minute or so. As soon as they release their gorgeous nutty aroma and turn just slightly golden tip them out of the pan immediately to stop them cooking.
- Allow the almonds to cool then whizz them in a food processor (I use a mini-sized food processor for making dips) then add the avocado and the lime juice and season to taste.
- Whizz till you have a smooth dip and then scoop into a bowl and chill in the fridge to allow the flavours to develop before serving
Sometimes the simplest things are the best and this avocado dip certainly proves that.
How long will this dip keep?
This should keep in the fridge for a couple od days. Make sure the top is covered so that it doesn’t discolour.
Looking for more super easy dips and sauces to make at home? Then check these out before you go;
Finally, if you do try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment/star rating below as I just love to hear from readers. Want more Larder Love? Then follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and sign up for my newsletter too of course.
Avocado Dip And Sauce
- 50 g almonds
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the almonds in a dry pan for about a minute until golden and aromatic
- Allow to cool and then whizz in food processor and then add in all other ingredients and whizz again
- Chill well
- Serve with salmon, chicken with salad or as part of a sandwich filling