These nutty stuffed apricots are a super quick and easy foodie gift to make for Christmas. Perfect for that last-minute prezzie for a foodie friend when you’re caught on the hop or maybe need a hostess gift when visiting friends for a festive supper.
For one box/bag/tin of these nutty stuffed apricots I used 20 dried apricots, 20 whole blanched almonds, 30 unsalted shelled pistachio nuts, 50g/2 oz good quality (70% cocoa solids) and some sea salt flakes.
Look around for nice ways to present your foodie gifts. I got this little box years ago and it makes the perfect holder for my nutty stuffed apricots. They look pretty in a jar too so you could use one of those preserving jars with the wire locking system and wrap a pretty ribbon round it. Old vintage tins are also good but make sure that you put the nutty stuffed apricots in a plastic bag or wrapped in baking parchment so they are not in contact with old metal.
These nutty stuffed apricots will keep for up to a week.
- 20 dried apricots
- 20 whole blanched almonds
- 30 shelled and unsalted pistachio nuts
- 50g/2 oz good quality dark chocolate (70% solids)
- sea salt flakes
- Crush the nuts roughly
- In a dry pan toast the nuts for approx 1 minute until just turning golden and aromatic. Watch them like a hawk so they don't burn.
- Make a slit in each apricot and use your finger to make a little pocket
- Press in some of the nut mixture to each apricot but reserve some for decorating
- Press apricots closed as much as possible
- Melt the butter in a bowl suspended over gently simmering water but make sure the water does not touch the base of the bowl
- Dip the cut side of the apricots in the melted chocolate and then sprinkle on some of the reserved toasted nuts and some sea salt flakes
- These will keep in a sealed container for up to 1 week