Now I have used my Very Merry Mincemeat (see post last week) to make this but you could use any store bought mincemeat if you don’t have any of this great stuff to hand.
Instead of making one normal sized cake I used 4 small loaf tins and made 4 mini cakes so I can keep one for myself and give the others to friends as prezzies next week.
- 150g/5oz unsalted butter
- 200g/7oz dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225g/8oz self raising flour
- 400g/14oz Very Merry Mincemeat
- 60g/2½ oz sultanas
- 60g/2½ oz dried apricots chopped small
- 60g/2½ oz glace cherries chopped
- 60g/ 2½oz chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3
- Either grease a 20cm round tin and line with baking paper, or grease and line 4 mini loaf pans as I did.
- Throw all ingredients into a large bowl and stir them all together until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared tin/s and smooth out the top.
- Bake a single cake for approx 1½ hours and smaller cakes for just over 1 hour. Test by inserting a skewer into the centre. It should come out clean and the cake/s should have shrunk away from edges of tin/s just a little.
- Leave to cool before removing for tin/s and then ice as you wish.