Courgetti Putanesca is the super healthy way to eat lots of veggies in a meal that looks like you’re eating traditional pasta putanesca but with a fraction of the calories and carbs. It is a win, win situation and tastes amazing.
This simple recipe for Courgetti Putanesca serves one person so just double up etc for more portions. You will get a chance to utilise that spiralizer to make your courgette ‘pasta’. Spiralizers come in all shapes and sizes from seriously expensive counter top machines to very cheap and simple hand held pieces. Having used both I personally prefer my little hand held spiralizer because it is so quick and easy to use with minimal fuss and clean-up afterwords.
This is a very quick and easy recipe but is packed with flavour. All you need are your courgettes, some baby tomatoes, anchovies, capers, dried garlic, dried oregano, 1 clove garlic, black olives, basil leaves and a little parmesan to finish things off.
It is a one pot job so the clean up is minimal. So go for it, no excuses, healthy fast food that tastes great.
- 2 courgettes
- 2 tbasp olive oil
- 6 baby tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 anchovies chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp black olives
- basil leaves
- Use a spiralizer to make the courgetti spirals
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the garlic, oregano, tomatoes, anchovies, capers, chilli flakes and olives and cook for 5 minutes
- Add a tablespoon of water and tossa in the courgetti
- Cook for a further 5 minutes
- Tip on to a plate and top with a few torn basil leaves , some salt and pepper to taste and some parmesan shavings